Join EMDR therapy trainer and consultant, psychotherapist, faculty at The Center for Excellence in EMDR Therapy, and Kripalu Yoga teacher Erika Tsoukanelis to honor the demands of this work and take time to attend to yourself as a healer. While developing your skills as an EMDR therapist by working more effectively with the future, you will also give yourself the gift of a weekend to connect, unwind, move mindfully, and release the blocks that sometimes get in the way of taking care of ourselves.
During this retreat, you will:
- Identify seven core qualities of the mindful EMDR therapist.
- Practice gentle yoga postures and breath to foster groundedness, somatic awareness, and flexibility.
- Identify three themes of your yoga practice that can contribute to care of the Self.
- Learn master EMDR therapist Deany Laliotis' future vision and create a roadmap of self-care.
- Identify at least one obstacle to actualizing future vision—and reprocess it using EMDR therapy.
- Learn how to apply these strategies into your clinical practice to promote self-care with your clients.
Return home feeling refreshed and inspired in your continued commitment to your work and to yourself as a psychotherapist and healer.
NOTE: Erika Tsoukanelis, LCSW, is an EMDRIA-Approved Credit Provider (#23032). This program provides 7.5 EMDRIA Credits. Eligibility for EMDRIA Credits is restricted to those who have completed an EMDRIA-approved Basic Training in EMDR therapy. For questions, please contact Erika Tsoukanelis at email@example.com or go to Kripalu's website: https://kripalu.org/presenters-programs/healing-healer-mind-body-retreat-emdr-therapists