Program Requirements for Master Certificate in Relational EMDR Therapy℠
96 CEs of Intermediate through Master courses taken at your own pace to include required and elective offerings. Please note: Trainees who have been studying with The Center are encouraged to inquire about their eligibility if you have completed these courses since 2021.
60 hours of case consultation in groups of four over three years. (40 hours required if already EMDRIA-certified as a Therapist or Consultant)
Point of entry into the R-EMDR℠ track is through the Intermediate Course: The Craft of EMDR Therapy: Taking it to the Next Level. This training is offered twice a year, in the Spring and Fall. Upon completion of the Intermediate course, the therapist is eligible to participate in an R-EMDR Master Case Consultation group that begins either in September or in February of each year with select Master Consultants listed on our website.
Upon completion of The Craft of EMDR Therapy: Taking it to the Next Level, the participant will be asked to fill out a Clinician Self Evaluation of their skills and attributes. This can be completed in preparation to meet 1:1 with their Consultant/Facilitator from The Craft to review and discuss next steps. This 1:1 meeting is offered at no charge.
PLEASE NOTE: EMDR therapists who have been studying with Deany since 2021 can apply their completed coursework towards certification once they are accepted into the program.
REQUIRED: 78 hours of Core Coursework
30 hours: Intermediate: The Craft of EMDR Therapy: Taking it to the Next Level
12 hours: Thinking AIP and Using EMDR
18 hours: Relational EMDR Therapy℠: The Dance of Attachment
18 hours: Relational EMDR Therapy℠: The Self of Therapist
ELECTIVES: 18 hours minimum
6 hours: EMDR and Ethics; Working with LGBTQ+; Integrative Health Care
12 hours: Healing the Wounds of Attachment and Rebuilding Self
12 hours: The Art of EMDR Therapy: The Use of Clinical Interweaves
12 hours: Understanding and Treating Bias and Discrimination Using EMDR Therapy
12 hours: Treating Chronic Pain with EMDR Therapy
18 hours: The Body and Attachment
12 hours: Treating Addictions with EMDR Therapy: A Path to Reconnection
22 hours: The Triangle of Trauma Master Retreat Course
22 hours: Relational EMDR Therapy℠: The Self of the Therapist (Retreat Course version of the above)
Case Consultation in Relational EMDR Therapy℠
60 hours minimum of case consultation, which takes place over three years, which is 20 hours per year in a group of no more than four people who meet for two hours once a month with their Master Consultant. After the first 18 months, your cohort will be switched to another Master Consultant to maximize the diversity of your training experience.
(40 hours minimum required if EMDRIA-certified as a Therapist or Consultant.)
NOTE: If you are not yet EMDRIA certified, you can apply your coursework and case consultation towards EMDRIA certification. Individual sessions with your Master Consultant will be required to demonstrate a working understanding of EMDR therapy and its basic tenets.
$1800 pp. per year which includes ten, 2-hour meetings monthly; limit 4 people per group.
Apply for the Master Certificate Program in Relational EMDR Therapy℠
To apply to become a Certified as Master Relational EMDR Therapist℠ an applicant must have:
- A master’s degree in a mental health field as defined by their state or country of practice.
- Is licensed or on a licensing track, registered and/or certified for independent clinical practice in your state or country of residence.
- Successful completion of any EMDR Therapy Basic Training Program that requires at least 40 CE hours.
- Successful completion of the Intermediate Course through The Center – The Craft of EMDR Therapy: Taking it to the Next Level.
- Completed written application.
- 30-minute interview process.
- $200 application fee.
Please email us at email@example.com for more information or for an application.
The Certification Process in Relational EMDR Therapy℠
After the completion of the coursework, the minimum hours of case consultation and an agreed-upon readiness by you and your Consultant, you are encouraged to apply for your certification. Below are the steps included in the process:
- $200 application fee
- 1-hour interview
- Segment of a video recording and a complete transcript or video of a clinical session from start to finish. The case presentation needs to include a written outline of the case, to include the AIP conceptualization, how you and your client arrived at this particular memory to be targeted, and the Assessment phase set-up.
Recorded sessions with transcripts are reviewed by The Center’s Certification Reviewers who are qualified to review video and written transcripts of sessions.
Applicants must send to a Certification Reviewer a good quality recording of a session approximately 30-60 minutes with an individual session OR schedule a time when the Reviewer can join for a live session of the same length.
For the video recording segment and full transcript reviews, the applicant must provide:
- A one-page summary of the case using The Center’s AIP Case Conceptualization and Treatment Planning form.
- A one-page summary detailing the skills and aspects of the Relational EMDR Therapy℠ model exemplified.
- A one-page self-evaluation of the applicant's own growing edges as well as their strengths as a Relational EMDR therapist.
Video recording segment and transcript of full session evaluation and feedback.
- The Certification Reviewer will assess the skill level of the applicant according to the list of core competencies using the required evaluation form provided in the application materials. If the applicant does not satisfy the required core competencies, they will be required to submit another video session or do another live session with the same Certification Reviewer. If, after the second review, the applicant is assessed not be ready for certification, the Reviewer will make recommendations for additional consultation or training, according to certification standards. For the 3rd review, applicants have the option to choose a new Certification Reviewer. After the 3rd attempt, we recommend applicants engage in creating a one-year learning plan based on feedback received.
- All decisions of the Reviewer are final. A new video must be submitted for each new review. Each review requires an additional fee.