Part 2: October 25-26, 2024
What Makes this Training Unique?
This is the only EMDRIA-certified EMDR training that zeroes in on the three elements that are key to practicing EMDR Therapy at the highest level.
The Craft of EMDR integrates all that we know now about trauma, attachment, somatic processes and affective neuroscience to heal the mind, body and spirit.
First, it takes you deep into the practical use of the powerful AIP model for case conceptualization and treatment planning.
Second, you’ll learn how to use cognitive interweaves with nuance and skill for memory reprocessing in cases of complex developmental trauma and attachment injuries.
Finally, this is the only EMDR training that includes supervised hands-on practice throughout so you can actually feel the power of applying the principles you’re learning.
Gain Skill and Confidence with Challenging Cases
The Craft of EMDR Therapy prepares you to
- Distinguish between the client’s symptoms versus their problems and develop a more comprehensive case conceptualization and treatment plan for more complex clinical cases;
- Identify client and clinical variables that factor into treatment planning;
- Strengthen motivational sets as preparation for processing;
- Bolster access to positive experiences throughout treatment, both in and out of processing, offsetting the client’s negativity bias and promoting a heightened sense of well being;
- Employ the Future Template as a means to address developmental deficits as well as identify needed skills and patterns or response;
- Reevaluate goals for treatment over time as therapy evolves.
No Other Training Offers Hands-On Practice Like This
Over a third of your time in this course is spent refining the skills you need to move to a new level of EMDR mastery. You’ll focus on:
- Tracking a client’s somatic experience in and out of processing, using the resonance between your own sensory experience and the client’s;
- Navigating the moment to moment unfolding of experience with specific skills that broaden or narrow the focus of attention;
- Using Adaptive Action tendencies as a road map to help clients develop and strengthen important life-promoting skills;
- Applying Clinical Interweave Categories (CIC) during processing to facilitate the client’s experience as well as optimize treatment effects.