Red Mountain Resort
1275 E. Red Mountain Circle
Ivins, UT 84738
Daniel Merlis, Assistant Trainer
When you work with complex developmental trauma, you walk a tightrope—balancing the relational demands between you and your client while navigating the many challenges of a complex case. So it’s no wonder that how we relate to our clients is so much part of how a session unfolds, both in and out of reprocessing, for better and for worse. We’ve built in the time, support and safety you need to continue your own journey of self-understanding and healing so you can bring your best self to the challenging work of helping your clients heal, grow and thrive.
Take a Break. Feed Your Soul.
Those of us who work with challenging cases have a special responsibility to rest, nurture and strengthen our bodies as well as to feed our souls. It’s not always easy to do in the midst of daily life. That’s why I’m hosting this EMDR Masterclass Training at Red Mountain Resort in Utah. It’s a place that I have found to be deeply restful and healing. The Red Rock Canyons are ancient and awe-inspiring. The resort accommodations, food and spa are first-class. The staff is both attentive and responsive. I believe you will walk away from these five days with your fellow Master Therapists energized and renewed. I hope you will join me and your peers at Red Mountain Resort.
Dig Deep. Expand Your Capacity as a Healer
The therapeutic relationship is key to the work we do. And focusing on that is central to this training retreat. It includes opportunities—through learning, clinical video cases and dyad work—to enhance your therapeutic presence and strengthen your capacity for relating to clients. Equally important is the exploration of powerful new ways to use the therapeutic relationship to help clients achieve healing and transformation. They include:
- new conceptual maps that help you navigate Triangle of Trauma dynamics
- understanding response patterns—our own and our clients’—that can set the triangle dynamic in motion
- practical strategies that help facilitate repair and resolution
- using EMDR to build and strengthen new adaptive patterns of response in a client
This Retreat is a Journey of Discovery—Both Personal and Professional
We’ll explore together what it's like to work with some of the most challenging clients and discover how they can also be the most rewarding. We’ll work on ourselves so we can bring our highest Self to our work every day. When we are consistently present as our best selves in the moment with our clients, we are most able to help them navigate the uncharted emotional territory between themselves and others.
Discover Red Mountain Resort
Set amid the awe-inspiring red mountains and cliffs of Southern Utah, Red Mountain Resort is an ideal setting for our EMDR Masterclass Training Retreat. The resort is known for its health, fitness, nutrition and wellness orientation. You will enjoy three healthy meals each day and a variety of amenities and programs included as part of the Essential Retreat Package. Here’s what’s included. There are options for additional activities as well as a full spectrum of stimulating and healing treatments at the Resort’s Sagestone Spa & Salon.
What's Included in the cost of the accomodations?
Three healthy meals each day. The resort’s cuisine is thoughtfully prepared with an emphasis on clean, whole foods, local and pasture-raised meats, homemade baked goods, sustainably harvested seafood, seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables and desserts made from scratch.
In addition, these amenities are included during your stay at no extra cost:
- Unlimited use of these resort amenities
- Indoor & seasonal outdoor pools,
- Bicycles, walking trails
- Strength & cardio studios
- Daily guided morning hikes
- Fitness classes
- Healthy life classes & events
- Personal discovery activities
- Eat well, feel well cooking demonstrations
- Complimentary wifi in room and throughout the property
Take a look at the week's activities
Here’s what James says about training at the master level:
Masterclass Retreat FAQ
How do I get to Red Mountain Resort?
You can fly or drive.
- Fly into McCarran International Airport (LV) +two-hour drive or shuttle to Red Mountain Resort
- Fly into St. George Regional Airport + free 30-minute shuttle to Red Mountain Resort up to 6pm
- Direct flights to St. George by Skywest available for these airlines
- American Airlines from Dallas Ft. Worth and Phoenix
- United Airlines from Denver and Los Angeles
- Delta from Salt Lake City
Drive from Salt Lake City
- Take I-15 Southbound following signs to Las Vegas, NV (approx 300 miles) to St. George, Utah
- Take the Bluff Street Exit # 6
- Turn right onto Bluff Street
- Follow Bluff Street North approx. 3.9 miles
- Stay right and follow signs towards Ivins
- Turn left at Snow Canyon Parkway and drive 3.3 miles
What's next after I sign up for the EMDR Masterclass Retreat?
- You’ll receive a confirmation email.
- You will receive another email about the status of your application in 3-5 business days from the date you submitted your form with your deposit.
- You must reserve your room directly with the resort: 877-246-4453.
- If you do not have a roommate, the resort will match you with another Masterclass attendee to share the accommodation of your choice.
- We will be in touch closer to the retreat start day with any updates or further details
Remember, you may contact us any time.
Email The Center at email@example.com or call (202) 364-3637 x0.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
Tuition is refundable up to 30 days in advance less the application fee. Withdrawals between 14 and 29 days from the start date of the training are refundable less a $250 administrative fee. Withdrawals less than 14 days from the start date are not refundable. The tuition, less a $400 administrative fee can be credited towards a future Advanced Intermediate or Masterclass at the Standard Rate. All requests for cancellations must be submitted in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no refunds or credits once the training begins. The Center reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the training at its discretion and will credit one’s tuition towards a future date or offer a full refund.
For refunds and cancellations regarding your accommodations at Red Mountain, please review their policies directly with them.