The Craft of EMDR Therapy: Taking it to the Next Level - Fall 2023
This training is for EMDR therapists who have completed their Basic training and are ready to build on their foundational knowledge as they step into learning more about the craft of this work with clients who have complex trauma. In this practice-based training, you will hone your skills working with highly skilled EMDR therapists to help you through the process.
Training Program Schedule
Part 1: November 3-5, 2023
Part 2: December 1-3, 2023
Part 2: December 1-3, 2023
Full Program Schedule
Trainer / Trainers
Deany Laliotis, LICSW
Continuing Education CreditsView CEC details
Increase Your Mastery and Effectiveness with Challenging Cases
Intermediate EMDR Training combines hands-on practice, deep learning and direct application to your cases!
What Does this Unique EMDR Training Offer You?
A deep dive into AIP case conceptualization and treatment planning, so you can map out clinical choice points that are informed by the client’s needs and readiness to approach;
- A real focus on exploring the moment-to-moment unfolding of experience during processing, so you can facilitate the client’s experience towards resolution while staying out of the way;
- Extensive supervised practice in order to increase your ability to use clinical interweaves;
- In-depth discussion of one of your cases, so that you can better integrate what you learn in this training.
Who is this Intermediate EMDR Training Online for?
EMDR Training for Real-World Challenges is designed as:
- The next step for anyone who has completed an EMDRIA-approved basic training and is using EMDR in their practice;
- The ideal training option for anyone who wants more experience using EMDR with complex trauma, attachment injuries and other challenging complex cases;
- A one-day EMDR refresher training is included as an option to anyone who wants to review the basics of the model before this course.
Gain Skill and Confidence with Challenging Cases
EMDR Training for Real-World Challenges prepares you to
- Distinguish between the client’s symptoms versus their problems and develop a more comprehensive case conceptualization and treatment plan for more complex clinical cases;
- Identify client and clinical variables that factor into treatment planning;
- Strengthen motivational sets as preparation for processing;
- Bolster access to positive experiences throughout treatment, both in and out of processing, offsetting the client’s negativity bias and promoting a heightened sense of well being;
- Employ the Future Template as a means to address developmental deficits as well as identify needed skills and patterns or response;
- Reevaluate goals for treatment over time as therapy evolves.
No Other Training Offers Hands-On Practice Like This
Over a third of your time in this course is spent refining the skills you need to move to a new level of EMDR mastery. You’ll focus on
- Tracking a client’s somatic experience in and out of processing, using the resonance between your own sensory experience and the client’s;
- Navigating the moment to moment unfolding of experience with specific skills that broaden or narrow the focus of attention;
- Using Adaptive Action tendencies as a road map to help clients develop and strengthen important life-promoting skills;
- Applying Clinical Interweave Categories (CIC) during processing to facilitate the client’s experience as well as optimize treatment effects.
Please see the training’s informational brochure for details about the daily schedule, continuing education credit, trainers, finances, training location and travel information, reading materials, and much more!
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy
The authoritative presentation of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, this groundbreaking book--now revised and expanded--has been translated into 10 languages.
An EMDR Therapy Primer
This book has been an invaluable resource as a one-stop shop for EMDR therapists. Thank you for the gift of the 3rd edition! -- Deany Laliotis, LICSW
Here's what colleagues say about Deany:
Any trainer can present material, but Deany Laliotis’ trainings are more of an experience. She not only is knowledgeable about the material, but she engages the audience by being personable, asking thought provoking questions, and spends the time making sure we get it. Though she is a thought leader in the EMDR community, she makes you feel like a peer, and connects in ways I have not experienced in other trainings. At my last training people flew from all parts of the country to attend, and we were all eager to take another training with her. If you are serious about advancing your skills as an EMDR therapist, train with Deany.