Part 2: June 9-11, 2023
Increase Your Mastery and Effectiveness with Challenging Cases
Intermediate EMDR Training combines hands-on practice, deep learning and direct application to your cases!
What Does this Unique EMDR Training Offer You?
- A deep dive into AIP case conceptualization and treatment planning, so you can map out clinical choice points that are informed by the client’s needs and readiness to approach;
- A real focus on exploring the moment-to-moment unfolding of experience during processing, so you can facilitate the client’s experience towards resolution while staying out of the way;
- Extensive supervised practice in order to increase your ability to use clinical interweaves;
- In-depth discussion of one of your cases, so that you can better integrate what you learn in this training.
Who is this Intermediate EMDR Training Online for?
EMDR Training for Real-World Challenges is designed as:
- The next step for anyone who has completed an EMDRIA-approved basic training and is using EMDR in their practice;
- The ideal training option for anyone who wants more experience using EMDR with complex trauma, attachment injuries and other challenging complex cases;
- A one-day EMDR refresher training is included as an option to anyone who wants to review the basics of the model before this course.
Gain Skill and Confidence with Challenging Cases
EMDR Training for Real-World Challenges prepares you to
- Distinguish between the client’s symptoms versus their problems and develop a more comprehensive case conceptualization and treatment plan for more complex clinical cases;
- Identify client and clinical variables that factor into treatment planning;
- Strengthen motivational sets as preparation for processing;
- Bolster access to positive experiences throughout treatment, both in and out of processing, offsetting the client’s negativity bias and promoting a heightened sense of well being;
- Employ the Future Template as a means to address developmental deficits as well as identify needed skills and patterns or response;
- Reevaluate goals for treatment over time as therapy evolves.
No Other Training Offers Hands-On Practice Like This
Over a third of your time in this course is spent refining the skills you need to move to a new level of EMDR mastery. You’ll focus on
- Tracking a client’s somatic experience in and out of processing, using the resonance between your own sensory experience and the client’s;
- Navigating the moment to moment unfolding of experience with specific skills that broaden or narrow the focus of attention;
- Using Adaptive Action tendencies as a road map to help clients develop and strengthen important life-promoting skills;
- Applying Clinical Interweave Categories (CIC) during processing to facilitate the client’s experience as well as optimize treatment effects.